I know Sharon Cuneta is a popular movie star and television host.  I knew she also he has a successful musical career.  I just didn't actively follow Sharon to the extend of knowing more about her music.


Much of the movies I know of Sharon are also the titles of the songs she popularized like "Sana'y Wala Nang Wakas" and "Bituin Walang Ningning".



So it was a nice surprise for me to listen to a couple of her songs when I bought a Viva Anniversary Celebration double disc which had 5 Sharon Cuneta songs.

I'm pretty much familiar with the songs I mentioned ealier.  However, I especially enjoyed the original version of "Pangarap Na Bituin".   This song was revived by artists like Faith Cuneta and Regine Velasquez. A telenovela starring Sarah Geronimo also heavily used the song as their show's theme.

Even if the lyrics use very deep Filipino language, it sounds very pleasant to the ear.

Unti-unting mararating
Kalangitan at bituin
Unti-unting kinabukasan ko’y magniningning
Hawak ngayo’y tibay ng damdamin
Bukas naman sa ‘king paggising
Kapiling ko’y pangarap na bituin


The video plays the two versions of Sharon Cuneta and Regine Velasquez interchangeably and as a duet in the end.

0 comments