Bagets

Posted by JayDJ | 6:10 AM | , , , | 2 comments »

This is one of those songs that was popularized by the movie "Bagets", starring William Martinez, Herbert Bautista, JC Bonnin, Raymond Lauchengco and Aga Mulach, who were all teen idols during that time.   Aside from them gaining much popularity and elevating them in the celebrity limelight, one person who also gained popularity with them indirectly was Gary V.  It was Gary V. who sang the theme song "Growing Up".


...
I also remember the lyrics of this song jokingly being critized by my friends for having a somewhat weird grammatical stucture.  The first two lines of the chorus go like this:

"I’m growing up, getting down
Putting my both feet on the ground"

Putting my both feet ?  It's like saying "I'm going to use my both hands".  LOL!
Putting both of my feet sounds much better, but of course, melody-wise doesn't have the same oomph. 

Nevertheless, the song is still an 80's  classic.

PS:  I wish I had the cuteness of Aga during his teen years. Kainggit !

2 comments

  1. Aileen Apolo-de Jesus // September 5, 2008 at 7:27 AM  

    Ikaw naman ang Aga Muhlach ng buhay ko ha =)

  2. JayDJ // September 5, 2008 at 7:29 AM  

    @aileen ahahahaha! biased ka eh.